The homeschooling co-op that my son will be attending this year had a brilliant idea for a fund raiser. They recently found a new site which is located in a very peaceful area and the building itself is a warm and soothing space. So before all the children's items get moved in, the idea was to have a Women's Spa Day which they are calling "Tea and Time Away". The event will have 4 different areas, High Tea, Spa treatments (by professionals) Swimming and a lounge area with henna and some light massage. My part in the event is the decorating and creating the ambiance of a spa in the four different spaces of the event. Since this is an event that people are paying to attend we wanted to make favors for them as a little thank you. Keeping the vision of the spa in mind I decided to make scented bath salts to give to the attendees. The favors above are made with Rose Geranium essential oil.
- 3 cups Epsom Salts or Sea Salts, the two may be blended
- 1 tablespoon of oil for moisturizing
- Essential Oils 15-24 drops depending on the strength you prefer
- Pour the salts in a glass bowl
- Add the moisturizing oil and mix well, then add the essential oils and mix again
- The mixture can now be packaged for giving or kept in a tight fitting jar.