On my recent trip to Sydney I did a couple of simple bookmaking classes. In one of the classes for children we made Accordion Books.
I tend to use bright printed papers but this time I used solid pastels.
Once I made my sample book I decided to use it as a little album for some old family photos. The solid pastel blue paper worked very well with the sepia and black and white photos.
These family photos range in date from the 1870's - 1919.
Accordion Book Directions:
- Start with a long thin sheet of paper
- Fold in half
- Open the paper up
- Fold each end into the middle fold line
- Open the paper up and then flip the paper over (it will look like an M)
- Fold each end, back towards the first crease
- Open up paper
- Fold the second crease on each side toward the middle